
My thoughts and opinions about 1984
A book that has grasped attention of readers before 1984, in 1984 and after... This realistic yet unreal novel is a fantastic blend of cruelty, pain, torture, love, passion, the definition of right, slavery, freedom, the diminished emotions and the epic changes that occur in people as the story proceeds. Human nature has been highlighted in a marvellous manner throughout 1984. This novel reveals every human characteristic through Winston Smith, a citizen of a dystopian society. He is like every other man, every other human being today. In the dystopia he habituated, humans were not humans anymore. They were slaves of the government; of Big Brother. They trusted in every word that the Party said, they were taught to do so. The did not feel love, lust, passion or desire; in fact they did not know what "feeling" was. Why? again, because the Party had taught them not to feel. I think that this novel is an awakening to the planet. 1984 truly signifies the requisite needs of the appropriate POWER. This novel reveals the importance of "checks and balances" in the infrastructure of any government. I think that this novel is very essential for the good of the world, as 1984 sheds light on the dark side, revealing to readers, the intimidating visions of a pessimistic community and its effects on humans.
The one thing i loved about this novel was the brilliant use of Oxymoron such as:
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
WAR IS PEACE
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
I really adored the way Orwell plays with words and how the contradictory meanings result in being synonymous. He in my opinion really thought about every word he wrote.
This book should be recommended for teenagers fifteen and above. I think teenagers should read 1984 because they need to realize what the world can be like ; may be in the future.
Overall 1984 is a thought-provoking novel with its extraordinary illusions of a world that can exist someday, somewhere.
2 comments:
I agree with you. Citizen of Oceania wasn't humans they were like toys that government made. They just follow whatever governmnet says and just relie on them. This book is definity awakening to this world.
I agree with you, but I couldn’t understand the part you said that Winston is like every other man today. I wish there were a little bit more details about it, because, I think you were trying to say that there isn’t much difference between Winston and the people in real life, but when I first read it, I thought that you were saying that Winston is not different from most of the people in the novel, when Winston is different than most of the people because he challenges the government. Otherwise, I agree with your opinion about 1984.
Post a Comment